Speech-dispatcher c api questions
jeremy at scitools.com
Tue Jun 16 08:14:20 CEST 2009
I've been using the Speech-dispatcher c api for a bit integrating it into
kttsd to replace a lot of functionality in kttsd itself as you know. =)
Anyway, I came across a couple things I wanted to ask about on the list.
1) I notice after some time kttsd still gets job numbers back from calling
say() but speech-dispatcher stops sending audio out to the speakers. I'm
using espeak and alsa but haven't figured out where the hang up is yet (I
noticed once today speechd was using 50% of my cpu at the time. Is this
known? I'll try to get using festival tomorrow and see how that works.
2) I'm using one connection for the whole lifecycle of kttsd (unless it goes
down, then I reconnect. Is this the preferred method? or should I be making a
new connection for each speech job?
3) When I set kttsd up to send all irc notifications through speech-dispatcher
I notice that jobs are getting truncated. I'm currently saying all jobs with
a text priority and it seems when a new job comes in, the previous job is
cancelled and the new one started.
4) Is history completely unimplemented? or just not supported in the c api?
I've noticed a few calls return error codes instead of valid information, such
as the history get message list command.
5) Hynek, I've noticed a couple inconsistencies between the c api and the c
api's documentation, should I send you notes directly about those? or will
they be fixed automatically next time you run the texi2html or whatever
generates the documentation?
I think that's all for now (quite a bit I know) anyway, thanks for the help
and I'll be glad to hack on speech-dispatcher itself if needed. I cloned the
git repository this morning (not sure how pushes go with this setup, I've done
merge requests via gitorious before).
More information about the Speechd